STEAM SNIPS Kit - Electronic Building and Coding Modules
Rapid advances in technology are driving much of the changes in our world. Schools need to prepare students for the technological advancements happening today as well as in the future. The more comfortable students are with technology today, the better they will function in the world of tomorrow.
Fortunately, the rapidly-advancing technology is creating new ways to make teaching more immediate, interesting and varied – such as STEAM SNIPS™ from HamiltonBuhl.
STEAM SNIPS™ are electronic building modules that can be combined in an infinite number of ways, creating all sorts of electronic inventions, and best of all, they are designed to appeal to both boys and girls.
STEAM SNIPS™ include 74 different components, each can work with every other module in the set – all that is needed is imagination, inspiration and curiosity to build an infinite number of combinations of electronics products.
- Power modules – everything requires energy
- Input modules – sensors and detectors to sense, detect and collect environmental data – sound, light, temperature, humidity, motion,tilt, flame, IR distance, water moisture, ultrasonic, switches, buttons, dimmers
- Output modules – produce motion, audio and visual effects that include LED lights, buzzers, speakers, motors, relays, servos and fans
- Controller– controls output based on logic and can be combined with other programmable modules to adjust input and output parameters.
Along the way, kids will learn:
What is required to bring inventions and ideas to life:
- Circuitry knowledge
- Hardware operation and control
- Software programming and coding
- Creative thinking and problem solving
STEAM SNIPS™ make it easy for teachers to stoke the flames of curiosity with standards aligned curriculum and lesson plans that open up the world of science, technology, engineering, creativity coding and inventing to their students.